Mountain Designs Oyster Shirt
Our Seawool range was born from our commitment to creating quality, innovative and sustainable clothing. Combining recycled oyster shells and recycled plastic bottles, Seawool delivers a new standard of eco-conscious, highly functional fabric. This beautiful clothing provides insulating warmth and is soft, wrinkle free, quick drying, anti-static and naturally prevents odour. Seawool is exclusive to Mountain Designs
At Mountain Designs we’re always searching for new eco-conscious innovations. In an Australian first, we’ve created a range of shirts crafted from Seawool – a blend of recycled oyster shells and recycled plastic PET bottles. The stylish Women’s Ariel Seawool Check Long Sleeve Shirt is soft and comfortable while boasting a range of additional features and benefits.
This beautiful, eco-conscious shirt provides a soft woollen touch and insulating warmth for your travels, outdoor adventures and winter outings. It’s also very easy to care for thanks to the wrinkle resistant, odour resistant and quick drying fabric. This makes it perfect for travel and hassle free everyday wear. Using recycled oyster shells makes the fabric anti-static, which means your clothes won’t cling to you uncomfortably, even in winter.
As well as looking smart enough to wear to work, the flattering design of the Ariel Check Shirt has practical features for comfort and performance. The extra length in the back, plus the forward shoulder seams, provides a comfortable fit and prevents irritation when you’re wearing a backpack. There are also double patch pockets to keep your keys, coins and other smaller items safe when you’re on the trail, overseas or heading out to lunch with friends.
Travel, hike, work and enjoy everyday activities in a sustainable shirt crafted from eco-conscious materials. The Ariel really is one of a kind.
- Crafted from soft and insulating Seawool fabric. Seawool is woven from recycled oyster shells and recycled PET bottles, delivering a new standard of eco-friendly, highly functional fabric.
- Soft woollen touch.
- Naturally prevents the growth of odour causing bacteria to keep the fabric smelling fresher for longer.
- Wrinkle resistant : The way the yarn is spun makes it more flexible than other fabrics, allowing it to maintain a smooth appearance.
- Quick drying: The recycled PET bottles used in the fabric create a polyester fibre that causes it to dry quickly.
- Sustainable: The oyster shells are sourced from the food industry, ground into powder and mixed with plastic pellets made from recycled PET bottles.
- Forward shoulder seams for more comfort when wearing a backpack.
- Flattering design.
- Patch pockets for storing your essentials on the go.
- Extra length at centre back hem.
- Everyday wear